Steps for Applying for the Community or Campus Internship Program
Phase One (Deadline September 17th, 2012)
- Build your team. Proposals may come from a single student or a group of students. We are open to any group size.
- Identify a project.
- Review the selection criteria to ensure your project is a good fit for this program.
- Determine whether your project will be focused on campus or in the local community.
- Draft a brief description (300-500 words) of your project idea.
- Email the brief description and a resume for each of your team members to Katie Maynard: by September 17th, 2012. We strongly recommend sending this in earlier if you can.
- The selection committee will give initial feedback on your idea and will suggest potential partners that you could work with based on this initial description.
Phase Two (Deadline October 8th, 2011)
- Based on the feedback from the CSI program submitted to the student applicant(s) after phase one, the student/team must secure support from a faculty sponsor and a campus or community sponsor (dependent on the category they are applying for). Each sponsor should email a support letter directly to in PDF.
- Submit any updates to the team member resumes, if changes were made since phase one.
- Fill out a project proposal, budget, and timeline (templates below). Selected student teams will receive up to $1,700 for supplies and marketing costs.
- CSI_Internship Proposal Template_2012-2013
- Budget and Timeline Template
Please note that the Budget is on the first tab in the workbook and the timeline template is on the second tab.