The Edible Campus Program student farm will be the first new campus garden or farm launched outside of housing and residential services in many decades. Due to this, we have been working closely with campus administration to determine the appropriate approval process and learning a lot as we have moved forward! Some of the steps we have accomplished so far include:
- June 28th, 2016 Preliminary Project Proposal submitted to Campus Planning Committee (CPC). CPC recommends to the Chancellor the approval of the Student Farm project on either the northern or eastern site and proceed with planning and design. [Note: It was later determined that we should pursue the Northern Site] Recommendation
- November 20th, 2016 Chancellor Approves the CPC recommendation for the Edible Campus Program Student Farm. Approval.
- February 21st, 2017 Conceptual Designs for the farm completed and released for comment.
- TBD Project will be submitted as a Minor Capital Improvement to UCSB Budget and Planning.
- Spring 2017. Dr. Gamble’s Anthropology Class will assess the cultural resources of the location.
- June/July 2017 California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) paperwork will be submitted.