CHESC Fundraising Internship
California Higher Education Sustainability Conference
10-15 hours a week; $14 an hour
Applications Due October 9th, 2017
Must be available Fall 2017 through July 27th, 2018 in Santa Barbara and not going abroad in that time.
Must be able to increase hours for the period of July 5th-July 13th, 2018 to 8hrs a day
Work-study preferred, but not required
UCSB Sustainability is seeking current UCSB undergraduate students to assist with fundraising for the California Higher Education Sustainability Conference. Selected students will assist with calling companies to request sponsorships and promote participation in our exhibit hall/trade show. This will include outreach to existing exhibitors and sponsors as well as cold calls to new companies. Most fundraising will be completed over the phone. Through this work, students will meet many professionals from renewable energy and sustainability-based industries. Pre-conference this intern may also participate in some marketing and event planning tasks, however the focus will be on fundraising. Tasks during the conference will include a variety of tasks related to event execution. This could include support at registration, implementation of conference sustainability practices, volunteer management, setting up signs, moving supplies, customer service for attendees, exhibitors, and speakers, etc.
- Excitement for fundraising;
- Some experience in fundraising (could be through a school club or community organization);
- Outgoing and energetic personality;
- Strong verbal and writing skills;
- Experience in conflict resolution or customer service;
- Demonstrated experience with talking to people you aren’t familiar with (experiences such as canvassing, door-to-door outreach, phone marketing, etc);
- Organized and able to manage relationships with large numbers of partners during the same time period;
- Very detail-oriented and good at tracking tasks and progress in real time; and
- Interest in sustainability and the mission of CHESC.
Please read all of the instructions for this program and the job posting carefully in order to ensure that you have the best chance of being selected. Submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position to Nicola Hesketh firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline at the top of this posting. If you were eligible for work-study in the past year, please note this in the cover letter. Work-study is not required, but is preferred.
UCSB Career Services offers support and advising in writing résumés. Please consider taking advantage of their generous services, especially if this is the first time you have written a résumé.
Please ensure that when you apply the subject line of your email and your email body indicate clearly that you are applying for the “CHESC Fundraising Internship”. We have several positions currently open ranging across multiple programs.
For More Information
Please email Nicola Hesketh email@example.com after having read the above information thoroughly.