UCSB Sustainability seeks Communications and outreach intern for Fall 2017
UCSB Sustainability launched a Public Relations Campaign to increase visibility and education to our internal and external stakeholders about the University’s achievements in sustainability as well as goals for the future. The campaign aims to promote a “culture of sustainability” which integrates sustainability into the daily habits of the campus community and encourages active participation with students, faculty, and staff.
Position: Communications and outreach internship
Supervision: Sustainability Coordinator in Administrative Services
Hours: 8-10 hrs/week
Compensation: This is a paid position. The student will receive $14.00/hr.
The Communications Intern will be primarily responsible for assisting in the development of outreach materials for our 2017/2018 communications campaign (posters, digiknows, outreach events, etc.) and managing social media accounts. In addition, the Communications intern will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining event calendar on the UCSB Sustainability website
- Sending weekly sustainability bulletins
- Assisting with the development of a Quarterly Newsletters
- Assisting with layout/format and editing work for sustainability plans and reports
- General Tabling to spread the word about projects and events
- Planned tabling events: Parent family weekend (Fall), spring insight (spring), earth day (spring)
The intern will be expected to meet with the Sustainability Coordinator once a week, but is welcome to work from home.
- Strong communication skills and a professional demeanor
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn on the job
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups
- Dedicated to the ideals of Sustainability
- Experience with detail-oriented work and multi-tasking
- Must be a sophomore or junior at UCSB
- Must be based in Santa Barbara (and not going abroad). Position Starts in September of 2017
- Must be available to work 8-15hrs/wk throughout internship tenure
Preferred, but not required
- Experience working with a client on artistic works; and
- Knowledge of sustainability from coursework or experience
- Graphic Design Experience
- Proficient with Adobe Suite
For more information on our program, please visit our website:
Please read these instructions carefully. Any applicants that do not follow the instructions will not be eligible for the positions.
This position will be open until filled. All documents must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF. Documents in pages, text, or any other format will not be considered. Documents should be sent to: email@example.com
The required two documents include:
- Cover Letter (Check out Career Services’ tips on writing cover letters and résumés).
Application deadline: June 7th
UCSB Career Services offers support and advising in writing cover letters and résumés. Please consider taking advantage of their generous services, especially if this is the first time you have written a résumé or cover letter.
Please ensure that when you submit your two documents the subject line of your email and your email body indicate clearly that you are applying for the “Communications Internship”.
If you have any questions about the program, position, or the application process, please contact Jewel Snavely or 805-893-8367. Please make sure you have read through the posting thoroughly before contacting Jewel.