This position is currently closed. Please visit: http://www.sustainability.ucsb.edu/internship-opportunities-ucsb-sustainability/ to see our currently open positions
UCSB Sustainability aims to create a bridge between campus operations, the community, and academics. Through this bridge, we can match the brightest minds of today with practitioners who understand the day to day real-world challenges of implementing sustainability projects. We can also create a learning environment for our students that doesn’t stop at the walls of the classroom, but instead continues throughout the campus landscape.
Sustainability Curriculum Coordinator
UCSB Sustainability Internship Program
This is an unpaid position, however academic credit is available to eligible students.
- Update the inventory of curriculum projects at UCSB focused on sustainability.
- Promote sustainability courses on campus to students.
- Explore the possibility of creating a designation in the course catalog for sustainability and climate change based courses.
- Assist the Academic Senate Sustainability Work Group in building student support for a general education requirement.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong note-taking skills.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Must be able to work 8-10hrs/week.
Preferred, but Not Required or Expected:
- Knowledge of sustainability.
Please read these instructions carefully. Any applicants that do not follow the instructions will not be eligible for the paid or unpaid positions.
All applicants must submit the required two documents (see below) to be considered. All documents must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF. Documents in pages, text, or any other format will not be considered. Documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The required two documents include:
- Cover Letter (Check out Career Services’ tips on writing cover letters and résumés).
- Resume (Check out Career Services’ résumés and cover letters)
UCSB Career Services offers support and advising in writing cover letters and résumés. Please consider taking advantage of their generous services, especially if this is the first time you have written a résumé or cover letter.
Please ensure that when you submit your two documents the subject line of your email and your email body indicate clearly that you are applying for the “Curriculum Coordinator” Internship.
If you have any questions about the program, position(s), other internship opportunities, or the application process, please contact Katie Maynard email@example.com 805-448-5111. Please make sure you have read through the posting thoroughly before contacting Katie.