Applications due September 14th, 2012
The Laboratory Resources, Advocates, and Teamwork for Sustainability (LabRATS) Program at UCSB assists researchers on campus in reducing their impact on the environment while also improving safety, encouraging good laboratory management practices, and promoting communication and resource sharing. Our program is uniquely prepared to adapt campus recycling, energy management, and sustainability practices to the unusual materials used and processes implemented in laboratories.
The Laboratory Resources, Advocates, and Teamwork for Sustainability (LabRATS) Program
- Regularly update web content.
- Draft press releases and blog posts.
- Create flyers, posters, and brochures.
- Update social media sites including facebook and twitter.
- Interview key stakeholders to collect information for above publications.
- Ability to make attractive and clear flyers and brochures in the graphic program of your choice.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media marketing.
- Must be a student at UCSB from Fall 2012-Spring 2013 and not studying abroad during that time.
- Must be able to work 10-15hrs/week and approximately 50% of those hours during midterms. Time will be given off during finals and holidays.
Preferred, but Not Required or Expected
- Ability to train other students in graphic design.
- Experience developing and executing marketing plans.
- Experience using the following programs: Microsoft Publisher, WordPress, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop.
Please read these instructions carefully. Any applicants that do not follow the instructions will not be eligible for the paid or unpaid positions.
All applicants must submit the required three documents (see below) by September 14th, 2012 at 5:00pm PST in order to be considered. Applicants who submit their documents in advance of the deadline will be considered more favorably. All documents must be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF. Documents in pages, text, or any other format will not be considered. Documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The required three documents include:
- Example of your design work in PDF format.
- Cover Letter (Check out Career Services’ tips on writing cover letters and résumés).
- Resume (Check out Career Services’ résumés and cover letters)
UCSB Career Services offers support and advising in writing cover letters and résumés. Please consider taking advantage of their generous services, especially if this is the first time you have written a résumé or cover letter.
Please ensure that when you submit your two documents the subject line of your email and your email body indicate clearly that you are applying for the “LabRATS Marketing” Internship.
If you have any questions about the program, position(s), other internship opportunities, or the application process, please contact Katie Maynard email@example.com 805-448-5111. Please make sure you have read through the posting thoroughly before contacting Katie.