Green Events Coordination Intern
PACES Green Office and Events Certification Program
Wages: $14/hr.; Work study preferred but not required
Hours: 12-15 hours/week
Start date: mid to late September 2017
End date: December 8th, 2017 (one quarter only internship)
Applications due: September 8th, 2017
PACES (the Program for the Assessment and Certification for the Environment and Sustainability) recognizes departmental leadership in campus sustainability and assists departments in identifying new opportunities where they can further reduce their impact on the environment. Departments and the staff, faculty, and students that make up those departments have a unique role in the sustainability movement. Their day to day choices determine whether the campus ecosystem works as it is designed to and whether sustainability policies are implemented correctly. In the 2017-2018 academic year, PACES will be launching a green event certification to partner with the existing green office certification program.
- Conduct sustainability assessments of events on campus;
- Collaborate with event hosts to improve their events;
- Develop reports and presentations for event hosts on the assessments of their events;
- Present findings to groups of event hosts;
- Identify resources to support event hosts in making their events more sustainable;
- Develop partnerships with organizations and programs on campus that offer resources that could help a department in hosting a sustainable event;
- Develop a best practice guide on green event management; and
- Craft other outreach materials and communications on green events.
- Have experience putting on at least one event in the past;
- Independent thinker capable of collaborating to design and implement programs and practices;
- Professional in written and verbal communications;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects at the same time;
- Diplomatic and openness to consider multiple perspectives on a given issue; and
- Knowledge of sustainability;
- Knowledge of event management; and
- Creative thinker.
Please read all of the instructions for this program and the job posting carefully in order to ensure that you have the best chance of being selected. Submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position to Katie Maynard email@example.com by the application deadline at the top of this posting. If you are eligible for work study, please note that in the cover letter.
UCSB Career Services offers support and advising in writing résumés. Please consider taking advantage of their generous services, especially if this is the first time you have written a résumé.
Please ensure that when you apply the subject line of your email and your email body indicate clearly that you are applying for the “PACES Green Event Intern”. We have several positions currently open ranging across multiple programs.
For More Information
Please email Katie Maynard, firstname.lastname@example.org after having read the above information thoroughly.