Wages: $14/hr.; Work study preferred
Hours: 5-10 hours per week (Must have a relatively flexible schedule to accommodate events/photo shoots.)
Start date: mid to late September 2017
Applications due: September 8th, 2017
UCSB Sustainability seeks a student photographer to take pictures of sustainability events, people involved in our programs, and sustainability features on campus (green buildings, native landscaping, recycling clusters, etc). The student will receive both a list of events to try and photograph as well as a list of shoots we are hoping to get of the campus which can be taken whenever the student is available.
- Take photos on campus of people, places, and sustainability features;
- Photograph events on campus;
- Schedule photo shoots;
- Provide high and low resolution versions of photos;
- Organize photos into folders on google drive with file names associated with what photos were taken;
- Collect photo release forms when appropriate.
- Experience photographing a wide variety of subjects;
- Demonstrated skill in photographing live events or interactions;
- Able to offer a high quality portfolio of photographs;
- Openness to and creativity in photographing items that are not always exciting to photograph (recycling bins, sprinklers, metering equipment, etc);
- Organized and prepared to take on the scheduling and logistical aspects of the job;
- Professional in written and verbal communications.
- Skilled at helping people that you are photographing open up and relax during photos;
Please read all of the instructions for this program and the job posting carefully in order to ensure that you have the best chance of being selected. Submit a resume, cover letter describing your interest in the position, Fall class schedule, and examples of your work to Katie Maynard email@example.com by the application deadline at the top of this posting.
UCSB Career Services offers support and advising in writing résumés. Please consider taking advantage of their generous services, especially if this is the first time you have written a résumé.
Please ensure that when you apply the subject line of your email and your email body indicate clearly that you are applying for the “Photographer”. We have several positions currently open ranging across multiple programs.
For More Information
Please email Katie Maynard, firstname.lastname@example.org after having read the above information thoroughly.