- Created a new sustainability logo.
- Planned and created a fall sustainability media blitz: press release, convocation speech, table tents in dining commons, and a slide show in the residence halls.
- Biweekly sustainability update email.
- Media coverage of numerous awards presented to UCSB.
- Article in parents’ newsletter.
- Sustainability Media Team – student-run newsletter and videos.
- Half-time show competition to promote RecycleMania.
- Participated in the 2010 Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival.
- Created a Public Relations Campaign for 2013-14. The campaign included DigiKnows (rotating slides displayed on digital screens in Residence Halls and Dining Commons), posters, 30-second videos shown in all local movie theaters, signage in MTD buses, a newsletter, and a quarterly sustainability forum. Impressions in the context of advertising are defined as the number of times an ad is seen. The impact of a campaign is measured using the number of impressions. Repeat impressions are important for ads to have an impact.
- Created a set of sustainability 411 posters on Food, Water, Waste, and Transportation in fall of 2013 for the green message boards around campus primarily geared towards increasing student education about sustainability on campus.
- The Communications Subcommittee worked with the subcommittee on water to create an outreach campaign around the current drought and UCSB’s efforts to conserve water. The campaign included digiknows, a movie trailer, and signage on potable water reductions and recycled irrigation.
- Increased the amount of movie trailers being shown in local theaters to 3 per academic year.
- The Subcommittee participated in various local events including Earth Day and Spring Insight. The Subcommittee is also delivering presentations about sustainability on campus and ways for new students to get involved to UCSB freshman orientation groups twice per week throughout summer 2014.
- UCSB Sustainability will have a program in the Freshman Summer Start Program (FSSP) that will include a campus tour. FSSP is an academic and social summer program for newly admitted freshmen.
- Increased our presents in the online UCSB community through weekly postings and development of our Facebook page.