- 10% of produce purchases organic and locally grown.
- Created new distributor agreements with the local farmer’s market and other local farmers.
- Purchase sustainably harvested seafood.
- Purchase ENERGY STAR food service equipment.
- 100% of disposable serviceware products are compostable.
- 100% of recyclable materials in dining operations are recycled.
- 8,000 gallons of used cooking oil recycled into biodiesel.
- 100% of pre-consumer food waste is composted.
- Started a pilot post-consumer composting program in De La Guerra Dining Commons.
- Formed the Community Sustainability Committee with members from campus, local non-profits, and local farmers.
- Student Fellowship Intern program.
- 7% of produce purchases organic and locally grown.
- 74% of coffee purchases are organic, fair trade, or a combination of both.
- 6,000 gallons of used cooking oil recycled into biodiesel.