September 2011 Housing & Residential Services (H&RS) completed the trasition to two waste streams (Landfill and Co-Mingled Recycling) at San Clemente. All H&RS areas follow this method now.
- 69% diversion in 2008
- Started a pilot post-consumer composting program in De La Guerra Dining Commons.
- Expanded pre- and post-consumer food composting to all dining facilities in Fall 2010.
- Disseminated 111 new co-mingled bins on the campus in 2010/2011 with partner bins for landfill.
- Created and installed new signage for co-mingled, landfill, and office pack in 2010/2011.
- Wrote proposals and were funded to run pilot compost program in the Birtha’s for 2011/2012.
- Completed waste audits and assisted departments going through the LEED NC certification process to establish in-building recycling systems.
- Worked with MarBorg (our local hauler) to increse our diversion rates and included an additional line sort on all waste in 2010/2011.
- Donated 7000 books to California prisons.
Print This Page