Eligibility for Campus and Community Interns
One student on the team submitting the proposal (determined to be the team leader) must have completed a prior internship or equivalent (such as a class project, undergraduate research, or initiative in a student organization). The team leader should be a junior or senior.
Selection Criteria for Campus and Community Interns
- Concepts for projects should be creative and inspiring.
- Successful projects should have a goal to have direct and substantive impact on campus or community practices, broadly defined.
- Preference will be given to projects which help fulfill the mission of the Campus Sustainability Plan and/or UC Santa Barbara’s commitments under the Talloires Declaration.
- Projects must have clear and measurable goals that allow Interns to assess their progress at critical junctures and the end of the internship. The plan should be well thought-out with a solid timeline.
- Projects must be designed to actuate and develop academic skills. We are looking for technically and academically rigorous projects.
- Projects must be begin in Fall 2012 and be completed by the end of Spring Quarter 2013.
- Projects should identify a reasonable strategy for ongoing continuation of the project once the initial pilot supported by this program in complete.