Nominations for Staff Sustainability Recognition Award:
The Chancellor’s Sustainability Committee is pleased to announce the 2013-2014 Staff Sustainability Recognition Award. The purpose of the program is to acknowledge and celebrate outstanding achievements and meritorious service of career staff in the area of sustainability. One award will be made during 2013-2014 and the recipient will receive $500 and a certificate. The presentation will be made during the Staff Celebration Week Luncheon at noon.
Any UCSB faculty or staff member may submit a nomination for a current UCSB staff member (you may also self-nominate). Please submit a one page endorsement letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 17th at 5pm. A selection committee will review the nominations and choose this year’s recipient. Nominees must currently be a career staff member at UCSB and their work *must* have resulted in making the campus more sustainable. Additionally, only non-represented contract and career staff not on probationary status with a yearly salary not exceeding $100,000 are eligible. Personnel in the Senior Management Group (SMG) are not eligible for this award.
- The efforts resulted in environmental impact reductions for the campus
- The efforts of the individual brought about significant change in campus sustainability
- The individual mobilized a larger group of people to successfully mitigate environmental impact(s)
- The individual’s efforts resulted in permanent systemic change(s)
- The individual’s project did not result in compromising one environmental issue while addressing another
- The methods and results of the individual’s sustainable practices are defined, measurable and repeatable