- Last academic year, 5 megawatts of onsite solar energy generation was installed. On an average day, our campus buildings require 12 megawatts of electricity.
- Won a 2017 Best Practice Award in Lighting Design and Retrofits for the Student Affairs and Administrative Services Building Advanced Lighting and Controls Project.
- Created a public facing Energy Dashboard to provide the UCSB community with real time energy consumption information and building energy use comparisons throughout campus.
- UCSB reduced its per square foot electricity use by 39 percent since 1998
- Completed a comprehensive Climate Action plan that included growth and emissions projections along with emissions reduction strategies that will get us closer to the 2025 Carbon neutrality goal.