- Establish a separate budget or funding source to be
used for energy efficiency projects and renewable energy procurement to meet
critical campus emissions targets and objectives, as well as improve economic
- Develop criteria that will be used to determine
which projects will be funded through the new budget.
- Suggest different sources for the new funding, as
well as ways the fund can be structured.
- Investigate and prioritize the top alternative
energy strategies to be implemented (on- or off-campus) including:
- Wave energy
- Continue working with the Multi-jurisdictional
Renewable Energy Taskforce to identify opportunities for regional partnerships
on renewable energy projects.
- Work with the UC-climate leadership council to
identify opportunities for regional partnerships on renewable energy projects.
- Further develop our climate action plan with the
goals of the UC-wide council in mind.
- Achieve carbon neutrality in our operations by 2025
- Achieve complete carbon neutrality by 2050