- Maintain campus water indicators.
- Research and employ new water efficiency technologies.
- Provide information about campus water use and its environmental impact to campus constituents – include ways to reduce water use.
- Revisit water contracts to see where we can make improvements in the short and long-term.
- Assist with water-related policy creation and implementation.
- Update campus building standards to acheive all LEED points under the Water Efficiency category.
- Measure existing water use and install additional meters.
- Create a water managment plan, including landscaping, builiding use, and water reuse.
- Reduce potable water use and increase reclaimed water use by 15% by 2012.
- Reduce potable water use and increase reclaimed water use by 25% by 2014.
- Work with key campus groups to develop a campus-wide water management strategy.
- Increase reclaimed water use in toilets.
- Capture rainwater for resuse on campus.
Print This Page