ULT Freezer Rebate
Is your freezer is 10 or more years old and in need of replacement?
TGIF is offering $4,000 rebates (while funds last) to labs that recycle their old ULT freezers and buy a Energy Star model.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to review you eligibility
Considering replacing old equipment (commercial refrigerators, washers and dryers, dishwashers, etc.). We are offering an efficiency rebate of up to $1,000.
To apply, please use the online application form. If you need more information or have any questions or special circumstances which limit you from submitting using the online tool, please send email to Jewel Persad @ email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Must be able to show that the equipment selected is efficient and will result in energy or water savings
- Payback based on energy ($0.105 per kWh) or water costs ($0.007 per gallon) savings must be less than 10 years (Payback can be calculated based on cost premium, not total cost).
- If eligible, equipment must be Energy Star or WaterSmart
- If eligible, equipment must be EPEAT gold certified
TGIF will cover up to 100% of the cost premium for new energy or water efficient equipment. The total rebate amount will be determined based on efficiency. Total rebate available will not exceed $1000. You must submit a full TGIF grant application for funding requests over $1000.
Terms and Conditions:
- Equipment must be installed in UCSB owned or operated property
- Proof of Purchase: Must provide invoice before rebate is issued. Invoice(s) must include the quantity, size, type, manufacturer, model, purchase date and vendor of the efficiency equipment. Rebate will be issued as a transfer of expense from the account used to purchase the equipment to the TGIF account.
- Purchase must be made through the Gateway procurement system
- Rebate(s) are subject to funding availability
- TGIF has the authority to prioritize applications for projects with greater efficiency given limited funding availability.
Click here to search for Energy Star and Water Sense Certified products.