Why Should Your Department Get Certified?
Who will benefit?
- Departments who have limited staff time to pursue sustainability do not have a dedicated sustainability official
- Departments that are concerned about environment but have limited resources
- Departments who are interested in being recognized for taking a lead towards sustainability
- Departments that need resources in learning about and implementing sustainability policies and practices at UCSB
- Departments interested in learning about existing campus sustainability policies and resources to help them implement those policies
- Departments interested in connecting with knowledgeable stakeholders that can provide technical assistance
- Departments aiming to become LEED certified in future
- Employees concerned about the ergonomics, energy, water, or waste related practices of their department
Show your department’s sustainability success in the following topic areas:
- Energy & Atmosphere
- Training & Communication
- Indoor Environment Quality
- Food Systems
- Materials & Resources ( includes Purchasing & Waste Management)
- Water Conservation
Has your department achieved sustainability goals in a unique or innovative way? Share your best practices with us to help us broaden our recommendations and pursue campus-wide sustainability goals. Contact us to find out more about starting a PACES assessment in your department.