ULT Freezer Rebate
Is your freezer is 10 or more years old and in need of replacement?
TGIF is offering $4,000 rebates (while funds last) to labs that recycle their old ULT freezers and buy a Energy Star model.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to review you eligibility
Considering replacing old equipment (commercial refrigerators, washers and dryers, dishwashers, etc.). We are offering an efficiency rebate of up to $1,000.
To apply, please fill out the application form and send to email@example.com. If you need more information or have any questions or special circumstances which limit you from submitting using the online tool, please send email to Jewel Persad @ firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Must be able to show that the equipment selected is efficient and will result in energy or water savings
- Payback based on energy ($0.105 per kWh) or water costs ($0.007 per gallon) savings must be less than 10 years (Payback can be calculated based on cost premium, not total cost).
- If eligible, equipment must be Energy Star or WaterSmart
- If eligible, equipment must be EPEAT gold certified
TGIF will cover up to 100% of the cost premium for new energy or water efficient equipment. The total rebate amount will be determined based on efficiency. Total rebate available will not exceed $1000. You must submit a full TGIF grant application for funding requests over $1000.
Terms and Conditions:
- Equipment must be installed in UCSB owned or operated property
- Proof of Purchase: Must provide invoice before rebate is issued. Invoice(s) must include the quantity, size, type, manufacturer, model, purchase date and vendor of the efficiency equipment. Rebate will be issued as a transfer of expense from the account used to purchase the equipment to the TGIF account.
- Purchase must be made through the Gateway procurement system
- Rebate(s) are subject to funding availability
- TGIF has the authority to prioritize applications for projects with greater efficiency given limited funding availability.
Click here to search for Energy Star and Water Sense Certified products.